Gaming keyboards have now become essential for the most satisfactory gaming experience. These keyboards are specifically designed for the sole purpose of gaming; they are not like the usual keyboards that you may use to write emails or conduct research. They are more durable and have an improvised layout to match the needs of gamers. Let’s look at the top 5 quiet gaming keyboards you can get your hands on today.
Quiet Gaming Keyboard Comparison Table
|Products (Click on the name for more information)||Key Features|
|Logitech G613||- Requires Windows 7 or later,
Chrome OS, Android 3.2 or later, Mac OS 10 or later.
- USB port.
- Operates on AA batteries for about 18 months.
- 6 programmable macro keys.
- 2 years warranty.
|Razer Cynosa Chroma||- Cushion touched keys.
- Macro and programmable keys.
- Can take up to 10 commands at a time.
- Operates on Microsoft Windows.
- Comes with a number pad.
- Requires one USB port.
- Full sized.
|CORSAIR K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard||- 6 macros.
- Membrane keyboard.
- Made of plastic.
- Number pad.
- Multi-key anti-ghosting.
- Key lock mode.
- Requires PC with 2 USB ports, Windows 7 or later.
|Logitech G413||- Complete FN keys.
- Extra gaming keypads.
- USB pass through.
- Romer G switches.
- Number pad.
- Requires 2 USB ports.
|Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2||- 10 anti-ghosting keys.
- 5 macro keys.
- USB pass-through.
- Audio pass-through.
- Wrist rest.
- Three switch variations.
- Operates on all Windows 2000 versions.
- On the fly macro recording.
Top 5 Quiet Gaming Keyboards
1. Logitech G613
Features: Requires Windows 7 or later, Chrome OS, Android 3.2 or later, Mac OS 10 or later. USB port. Operates on AA batteries for about 18 months. 6 programmable macro keys. 2 years warranty.
The Logitech G613 is a mechanical keyboard and is based on the most recent and advanced technology. It is a wireless keyboard and connects through a Bluetooth. This keyboard is made with Romer G switches which require only 45g of pressure, and are quieter than other switches.
The keyboard also has a very good battery life, so you can enjoy hours of gaming without any worry! This keyboard by Logitech gives you the complete package of a wireless as well as a mechanical keyboard. The keyboard also comes with a wrist rest for you to enjoy comfortable long hours of gaming.
- Promises durability with 70 million click life
- Wireless keyboard allows you freedom of mobility
- Works well for ordinary purposes as well
- It is a mechanical keyboard and maximizes accuracy and precision
- The design is impressive
- No connection lags, the functioning of wireless connections is great and reliable
- The Romer G switches make it a very quiet and silent gaming keyboard
- Macro keys are not up to the mark
- Can be heavy on the pocket
- No LEDs or backlight
- No built-in batteries
- The combination of wireless and mechanical in one keyboard is not much appreciated by Gamers
- No USB pass-through
- Less responsive and slower than competing keyboards
2. Razer Cynosa Chroma
Features: Cushion touched keys. Macro and programmable keys. Can take up to 10 commands at a time. Operates on Microsoft Windows. Comes with a number pad. Requires one USB port. Full sized.
This keyboard by Razer has taken comfort and gaming to another level by making the keyboard completely spill-resistant. You can now eat or drink without the fear of damaging your keyboard while also enjoying your gaming time. The spill-resistant feature also increases the durability of the keyboard.
The appearance of the keyboard is enhanced with the backlight for keys which can be customized to a million colors. It has programmable keys. This keyboard by Razer is not only durable, powerful but also allows you to customize and personalize it in any way. At a very mediocre price, Razer is offering per-ley RGB lighting that is also customizable. This is a feature rarely found in keyboards in this price bracket.
Another interesting feature this keyboard includes is the windows key disabling feature. Ultimately, you’ll have a disturbance-free gaming experience with Razer Cynosa Chroma.
- Easy customization for a better user experience
- Affordable, with a number of extra features hardly found in other affordable keyboards
- Each key has an individual backlight
- Comfortable, high-quality keys
- Best for entry-level gamers
- The keys are not mechanical; this may not be liked by serious gamers
- The quality may not be up to the mark
- Customization only possible with Synapse 3 software
3. CORSAIR K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Features: 6 macros. Backlight. Membrane keyboard. Made of plastic. Number pad. Multi-key anti-ghosting. Key lock mode. Requires PC with 2 USB ports, Windows 7 or later.
Corsair K55’s design and features are inspired by other mechanical, expensive products by Corsair. This is a membrane keyboard that ensures quiet gaming. It offers a soft key press with rubber caps but is not so sensitive to touch that causes inaccuracy. This is what makes it better than most other membrane keyboards; its keys still have some level of resistance.
The keys are also backlit, giving you the same gaming experience in the dark and also adding up to the appearance of the keyboard. The keyboard also offers you comfort with a removable rubber wrist rest that can ensure comfort and ease during long gaming sessions.
- The build quality is good
- Macro recording function
- Good spacing between the keys
- A very quiet gaming board
- Affordable and customizable
- The windows key lock mode ensures there is no interruption during your game
- Keys are very flat
- No custom RGB profiles option
- The keys are covered with glossy plastic that makes the keys more vulnerable to scratches and dirt, ruining its appearance
4. Logitech G413
Features: Complete FN keys. Extra gaming keypads. USB pass through. Romer G switches. Number pad. Requires 2 USB ports
The G413 keyboard by Logitech has become the most affordable yet feature-rich and high-quality keyboard on the market. It is a mechanical keyboard with backlit keys. Logitech has used G Romer switches, making it a high-quality and durable keyboard. Thus, it provides you with the best gaming experience.
It has an aluminum finish appearance and comes in black and silver color options. It also has a windows lock mode that allows you to have a gaming session without any disruptions or interference. The keyboard is strongly built and is sturdy, so if you are an aggressive gamer, this keyboard is for you because it won’t move an inch even with all the frustration of not being able to clear a certain level.
This keyboard by Logitech may be priced lower than other similar products on the market, but it has definitely been competitive in terms of quality, number of features, and durability.
- Mechanical keyboard with high-quality Romer G keys
- Sturdy and high built quality
- Quiet keyboard
- Features backlit keys
- Attractive and sophisticated design
- Same typing experience you get with a premium quality keyboard by Logitech
- Good for entry level gaming or upgrade
- Easily set up
- Extra keys and keycaps increase durability. Also comes with a keycap remover to facilitate you.
- Requires 2 USB pass through and is still slow
- Non-customizable backlight. Only comes with red backlight which not go with everyone’s PC.
5. Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
Features: 10 anti-ghosting keys. 5 macro keys. USB pass-through. Audio pass-through. Wrist rest. Three switch variations. Backlight. Mechanical. Operates on all Windows 2000 versions. On the fly macro recording.
This specially designed gaming keyboard offers great durability with up to 80 million keystroke life. It is a mechanical keyboard, with Razer Green mechanical switches. This model of Razer gaming keyboards has got its own color treatment, offering up to 16.8 million backlight color change options. The appearance is the most updated and improvised in the market and will make you and your gaming PC stand out.
The built quality of this keyboard is remarkably robust, further increasing its durability. It also comes with a magnetic wrist rest, making sure you get the most out of your gaming sessions. The purchase of this keyboard gets even more worthy with the generous 2-year manufacturer warranty it comes with.
- Premium quality, offering a premium gaming experience
- Customization options available
- Backlit keys
- Increased and improved responsiveness
- Actuation force is low, ensuring a positive typing experience
- Razer Synapse compatible
- For purely gaming purposes
- It is made with a metal inner body, which results in increasing its durability and long-term use.
- Customization may be better in competitive products
- Less or no control over backlight
What to look for in a gaming keyboard
If you are a gamer and have not yet switched to a proper gaming keyboard, it’s about time you do. But before you go ahead with it, there will be a number of features to consider. There is not just anyone simple type of keyboard available on the market. When you start searching for a good quiet gaming keyboard, you will undoubtedly be confused between the wide ranges of variety available. Here are some common things you should consider before you make a final decision:
Membrane vs. Mechanical
With more and more gamers investing in mechanical keyboards, the debate about mechanical vs. membrane keyboards continues. You must know the key differences between the two in order to decide which one you personally prefer.
- Membrane keyboards
These are light-weight, flat and come with unseparated keys. The keys are flat but usually come with pressure pads on them, which upon pressing, make the keys work. The flat membrane keyboard with no or less space between keys can lead to inaccuracy. Many professional or serious gamers do not prefer membrane keyboards. However, the portability and affordability of membrane keyboards cannot be beaten by mechanical keyboards. They are also much quieter as there are no hard keys to be pressed.
- Mechanical keyboards
These, on the other hand, come with switches that send typing signals. Each key has its own switch and has a different function. The switches are covered with removable caps that allow users to replace them in case of damage, or can even customize it their own way by using different colored or designed caps. This is a feature that membrane keyboards do not offer.
Membrane keyboards have irremovable caps which is why they are less durable compared to mechanical keyboards. However, the switches of the mechanical keyboard need to be pressed with force and make a sound each time they are pressed.
Wired vs. Wireless
From our device chargers to our headphones, everything has shifted to being wireless. Same is the case with gaming keyboards; there are both wireless and wired keyboards to choose from.
- Wired keyboards
These have remained favorite of the majority of gamers for quite some time. Many gamers do not like the idea of wireless keyboards because of some features they come with. Wired keyboards tend to be more responsive, easily available and accessible, and even affordable. However, some wired keyboards require more than one USB port; this can be a disadvantage if you need other USB ports for other peripheral devices.
- Wireless keyboards
These may free your desk from tangled and cluttered wires, but they may not be as responsive and fast as you may need them to be. They require a wireless connection that can, at times, even lag. Wireless keyboards are also not suitable if they are to be used for accuracy and speed. However, they certainly are portable and allow the user some mobility. Most wireless keyboards or generally most wireless gadgets require recharging batteries. This can be a hassle, and low battery issues can disturb and interfere with gaming sessions.
While gaming, you may get distracted in finding the right key. The backlight can overcome this issue. Especially when you are using the keyboard in the dark, the backlight can aid you in finding the right key instantly. And no doubt, your gaming PC will get an overall sleek and cool look with a backlit keyboard!
Many advanced keyboards offer you the option of customizing the color of LED lights. This way, you can match your gaming keyboard with your gaming PC. Some keyboards come with each key having its own individual backlight; this creates an even and equally distributed illumination on the keyboard.
Apart from the obvious search for a durable, high-quality keyboard, there are now keyboards that offer more than that too. These extra features could be of use to you. Even if you get just a few of these features in your chosen keyboard, you are good to go:
- Extra switches for customized functions
- Customizable LED lights
- Dust and waterproof
- Different sizes to choose from according to your need
- Wrist Rests
- Extra keys
- Extra keycaps
- Number pads